Content Technology Account Director
[A] — Company based in Remote, OR
[A] is looking for an account lead with a strong base of exposure to content technologies, to join our team in the role of a Content Technology Account Director. This senior [A]gent will own strategic client relationships and oversee delivery of integration initiatives across 2-4 large and medium accounts.
As a Content Technology Account Director, you will be involved with building and maintaining relationships, consulting on business challenges, writing and presenting proposals, closing deals, and ensuring the growth and development of our strategic delivery team. To succeed in this role, you will need a thorough understanding of the obstacles and challenges our clients face at the intersection of business, content, and technology. Your value lies not only in your consultative sales experience but also in your strong technical aptitude and understanding of content technology solutions. Familiarity with CMS, CCMS, CEM, DAM, CDP, CSP, PIM, CRM, and other such related enterprise systems across techcomms and marcomms will provide the best foundation for rapid success in the role.
This is a remote role that can be done from anywhere in North America.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive new business within current accounts.
- Generate new business and continually advance the sales pipeline.
- Work with a heavy lead flow, in collaboration with other stakeholders, to qualify new opportunities.
- Assist with pipeline dynamics.
- Consult with clients at a detailed level about their content-related technical challenges.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on content technology solutions.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts, when necessary, to work through solutions.
- Architect, present and implement proposals, statements of work, and strategic account plans.
- Own client relationships and serve as the primary escalation point for all project and account-related issues.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams across [A] to ensure superb and timely delivery to our clients.
- Provide clean account transition to delivery and remain involved while delivery onboards and until all production rhythms are running at full steam.
- Manage trimester account reviews, and account planning rhythms.
- Cross-train, and potentially lead, other account Content Technology Account Directors as [A] grows.
You may be a good match for this role if you have...
- 6+ years experience selling in an enterprise environment
- Experience with and deep exposure to content technology
- Exposure to technical communications and marketing communications groups
- Technical expertise with CMS and CEM platforms like:
- Adobe AEM
- Drupal / Acquia / Wordpress
- Exposure to DAM and CSPs like:
- Proven ability to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Experience managing and growing a sales pipeline
- Experience in consultative/solution selling environments
- Experience selling at the executive level
- A considerable amount of self-motivation
- Passion for excellence in customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A strong cultural fit with [A]’s values.
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).