Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Alacrity Law — Company based in Moorgate, London
Alacrity is a well funded early-stage startup founded by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals. Our mission is to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently. The legal industry is changing rapidly and we’re excited to help.
This is both a remote or a local opportunity, we are located in Moorgate, London.
Alacrity is looking to hire a senior, self-driven engineer on a permanent, full-time basis. We are at the very first stages of building our product so this is a unique opportunity to join early on and impact the direction of the product. You will be working with our seasoned CTO, getting well defined and sourced tasks on state of the art technologies and methodologies.
The Senior Software Engineer will take ownership of Alacrity's platform and infrastructure, creating the foundation, conventions, and style that will define how Alacrity builds its products and services. Therefore the candidate must have strong architectural and service-design skills as well as fully appreciate code quality standards and be able to exert engineering leadership amongst the engineering team.
- You get your kicks from getting things done and deployed to users.
- You honor your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code, and continuous deployment.
- You understand that documentation is doing your future self a favor and you love helping yourself.
- You are fluent with devops and can create and manage clusters of services on most cloud platforms.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
- You are in a timezone with a maximum difference of 3 hours from UK.
The recruitment process
- Send us your application. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.
- Have a 20-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with our CTO discussing your exercise and chatting about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our co-founders.
- GraphQL with Apollo
- ReactJS with Apollo
- Relaxed, multi-stage environment at Moorgate’s WeWork.
- Clear and well-spec’ed tasks so there’s no ambiguity.
- We hate meetings so we won’t be boring you with them.
- Work from home, this can be a remote opportunity.
- Opportunity to work with our best in class CTO, please do check him out on Linkedin or Github.
- All the books you can read.
- Yearly budget for conferences, training, subscriptions etc.
- Remote work possible.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension.
- State of the art office space.
- All of WeWork benefits.
We offer up to £100k per year for the right candidate.
We are a female lead business and an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Please apply using this link: https://alacrity.workable.com/j/354E0321B3