Senior Software Engineer, Cryptofinance applications
Blockstream — Company based in San Francisco, CA
Pioneering advancements in cryptography and blockchain technology, Blockstream is the first company extending the capabilities of Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new privacy features, asset types, and financial markets. Blockstream is building an open platform for blockchain applications and a family of hardened cryptofinance appliances. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us build the premier platform for crypto-finance applications. Your initial responsibilities will include engineering a secure production service that must operate at low-latency and with high-availability.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup, excellent benefits, and flexible working schedule as well as an option for partial telecommute.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering on increasingly sophisticated systems
- Experience building robust production backend services with virtually no down time.
- Design of scalable, back-end architectures with high availability
- Strong expertise in one or more of: C/C++, Rust, Go.
- Linux \ systems experience
- Application-level caching (e.g. Memcached, Redis, ActiveRecord).
- Design, implementation, and use of web API’s, including both REST and websocket APIs.
- Emphasis on code quality; willingness to write full-coverage test suites and participate in regular code reviews.
- Motivated, life-time learner.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a geographically distributed team.
- Experience in FinTech is a big plus.
- Prior Bitcoin, blockchain, or cryptography experience is a big plus.