Software Engineer - Full Stack
Cardinal Financial Company, LP
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we're able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
Our proprietary system gets loans closed fast, offers seamless integration with third-party software, allows for hassle-free underwriting with no layered conditions, and offers a live, web-based portal- not a bottle-necked queue.
As a member of our Software Engineering team...
- You’ll be involved in every aspect of building and supporting our SaaS enterprise mortgage lending platform.
- We’re an agile shop and you’ll be part of choosing what stories you’ll work on as they come up in the backlog.
- You’ll do full-stack development because we’ve found it benefits the team and product when an engineer is familiar with the entire stack and has a genuine interest in all our software technology. We also recognize that each engineer is passionate and skilled in specific layers. We manage to blend the two realities very well.
- You’ll manage your stories completely including working with end users to determine what is required, designing the UI, classes, business logic and data. We describe our approaches informally to get rapid review and critique by others.
- You’ll write clean, concise code, and robust unit tests for all your work. Finished code will be reviewed by others in the team. We mix up the review teams so everyone has good exposure to the whole system.
- You’ll find ways to improve our product and how we work. We leverage tools and innovation to make more happen with less. When we identify an improvement, we implement it fast.
- You’ll help with production support and help users when needed.