Senior IT Project Manager (Web | eCommerce | PHP)
This is a virtual, work-from-home position. Must be located in the U.S.
We are growing! Join a department of developers, business analysts, QA, and support specialists who support a company of over 90 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, eCommerce, content management, and more. (www.audiologyonline.com | www.speechpathology.com | www.physicaltherapy.com | www.occupationaltherapy.com | www.simucase.com)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are fast-paced, structured, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another person to join our cause. Learn more about us at www.continued.com (a division of Allied Health Media, LLC).
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We meet face-to-face several times a year but work primarily on Skype. Everyone works hard, we contribute directly to the success of the company, and we have an excellent work/life balance.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced and engaged SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER who is motivated, creative, and fun to extend our current project management capabilities.
- Full-Time, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required at other times during the year to attend team and/or project meetings.
- Manage major web application projects from kickoff through development and QA.
- Produce, organize, and update project plans, documentation, and project asset documents as required by each project.
- Develop and execute communication plans on a project-by-project basis.
- Organize and oversee bug and feature request tracking.
- Work directly with the IT Business Analyst to assist stakeholders in developing project specifications and keeping functional site documentation up to date.
- Guide projects through effective change control processes.
- Write and archive final project reports that summarize project successes, challenges, regression analysis and lessons learned.
- Along with the PMO, help to refine our internal project management process and best practices, meeting the needs of both the start-up and mature business.
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- A communication professional – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Skype with stakeholders), and work with highly-technical developers.
- PMP certification
- 7-10 years experience managing technical web/ecommerce projects.
- Experience working from home and managing projects remotely.
- Highly-attentive to detail, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's every time.
- Excellent technical time estimation skills.
- A degree in Computer Science and a thorough understanding of the SDLC is a big plus.
- Strong ability to scale and customize project management approach on a project-by-project basis using internal best practices, industry-standard PMI/PMBOK techniques, and some degree of magic.
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving).
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly advanced forms of sarcasm.
- Working knowledge of xkcd or similar is useful.
We prefer a great/interested/excited project manager with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged project manager with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes why you would make a great addition to our team, a link to your favorite movie clip on YouTube, and your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.