User Experience Designer
ConvertKit — Company based in Boise, Idaho or Anywhere
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Boise, Idaho
ConvertKit is looking for an experienced user experience designer. Come join our amazing, rapidly growing company!
- We are a fully remote team of 30, scattered across 8 states and 4 countries.
- We are bootstrapped, profitable, and growing very quickly.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
- We have a positive, vibrant, and genuine culture.
- ConvertKit is used by 17,000+ bloggers, podcasters, authors, and creators!
About the role
You'll be part of our engineering and product team, helping to build our SaaS application. Our mission is to help creators earn a living by building and refining our product to meet the needs and solve relevant needs creators are facing.
You'll spend your time designing new features for our SaaS application, coding new marketing initiatives, designing animations and interactions, and a lot more.
It will involve working closely with our team of two designers and eight engineers. We primarily use Sketch, Ruby on Rails, React, Sass, and MySQL to get the job done.
In order to be perfect for this role you'll need to be a great designer with the ability to code your designs in HTML and CSS. Software design experience is required—not just graphic or web design. While we primarily design the ConvertKit web application, experience designing mobile apps is helpful as well.
You should also be experienced writing Sass that follows a set style guide and is easy to maintain. You should be quite familiar with using Github to share code and files.
Because everyone on the team is quite self-sufficient, we'd like you to have experience implementing your designs inside a Ruby on Rails app. If you don't have that skill now, that's fine, but you'd be expected to learn quickly.
We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 3 sick days / year. 4 weeks paid vacation after your first year.
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats.
- Excellent health benefits.
- 8 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- $2500 equipment allowance given every 2 years.
- 4% matching 401k.
- Yearly conference credit.
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus.
- Substantial profit sharing.
The application period for this job will close Friday January 26, 2018.