Application Developer for innovative research organization
Are you passionate about data sharing and moving research forward? We are looking for an application developer to join our DataCite team which currently consists of two developers, bringing a mix of skills that complement the existing team capacity. The ideal candidate has experience writing open source software and a basic understanding of scholarly communication infrastructure.
DataCite is based in Hannover, Germany, but the position is suited for remote work from other places in Germany or other countries in Europe. Travel to meet with DataCite members and other partners is expected. The position includes work for projects funded by the European Commission and other funders.
- Develop full-stack product features in an open source software environment, including user-facing front-end services
- Test, deploy and monitor applications, and react to problems.
- Technical support for DataCite members and third parties, including supporting technical documentation.
- Hands-on experience developing, deploying and maintaining web applications, including system administration, error tracking, and support.
- Experience with project management and open source software development practices.
- Excellent communication skills, and the flexibility that is needed for working in a small, distributed team.
- Strong and demonstrated interest in open science and data sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in frontend development. Interest and/or experience with ReactJS and/or EmberJS.
- Interest and/or experience in DevOps.
- Interest to learn and use other languages such as Clojure or Go.
Please send a short email, stating your interest in the position, and CV with your GitHub username to Martin Fenner, DataCite Technical Director, email@example.com. Applications will be considered beginning October 16, 2017.