Cloud Solution Engineer
Dito — Company based in Chicago, IL
Dito is looking for a Cloud Solutions Engineer to join our team! The position is remote so you will get to enjoy the luxuries and flexibility of working from home.
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, the key responsibility will be to drive enterprise infrastructure, applications and analytics to public clouds while supporting the Sales team to develop and earn new business with prospects and existing customers. The position may be remote but our teams work together closely with you playing a crucial role in addressing “buying” questions that will involve the design and implementations of public and hybrid cloud application architecture, as well as cloud-hosted business intelligence.
You will get to leverage your creative juices and technical abilities around infrastructure, system and application design using web, mobile, cloud, and open source technologies. Experience across various enterprise solutions/ technology stacks (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and ability to provide guidance to diverse stakeholders and external vendors will be the foundation of yours and our success!
A few details about your day to day objectives;
- Lead change across large platforms / functional areas / organizations to public clouds.
- Conduct architectural and engineering review of proposed IT investments/solutions to determine the strategic alignment and technical soundness.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
- Identify, develop and document repeatable design and implementation methodology
- Partner with project teams, vendors, support organizations, functional architects, systems specialists and other technical resources in this hands-on role driving cloud migration/adoption from inception to production implementation.
- Collaborate with the product, data, and infrastructure architects and be responsible for the defining-designing-delivering the technical architectures, patterns, technical quality, risks, fitness for purpose and operability of technical architecture solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior executives to assist the decisions on proposed IT investments/solutions and assume responsibility for technical presentations demonstrating a good understanding of application, data, infrastructure, architecture expertise and application systems design.
- Lead application workload and data migration, design and build interfaces between applications and other providers, as well as ownership of overall migration effort, workloads, backup and DR services
- Able to analyze, design, and implement cloud migration strategies without impacting business continuity
- Project scoping skills; methods, knowledge and experience of application processes, development, implementation and deployment to achieve project objectives.