GIS UI Engineer for Elastic (Elasticsearch)
Elastic — Company based in Mountain View, CA
We’re adding more Geospatial capabilities to Kibana
If so, we'd love to talk.
If you read this far and think, “that's me!” then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
Kibana is the window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets users visualize their Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so they can do anything from learning why they’re getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on their quarterly numbers. Kibana gives users the freedom to select the way they give shape to their data. And they don’t always have to know what they’re looking for. With its interactive visualizations, users start with one question and see where it leads them. Kibana core ships with the classics: histograms, line graphs, pie charts, sunbursts, and more. They demonstrate the full aggregation capabilities of Elasticsearch.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team, and documentation team to execute on product work
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in web mapping and spatial application development including web mapping libraries (OpenLayers, Mapbox, Leaflet) and spatially-enabled relational databases
- Experience creating highly visual web apps, using D3.js and similar libraries
- 7+ years of front end development work
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework
- Experience writing automated tests
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong preference for operational experience
- Strong preference for knowledge of building complex data visualization and related tooling
- Strong preference for Open Source experience
To be considered, please include a short note as to why you are a fit for this role at Elastic!