Content and Social Media Manager
Hibiscus Moon, LLC — Company based in Florida
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Fort Myers, FL
Do you live and breathe social media, analytics and crafting content? Do you want to join a team of heart-centric A-Players who are making waves in the crystal and healing community? If you have a creative mind, are insanely efficient, and can meet a deadline without batting an eyelash, this may be the best day of your life.
We're looking for a new Remote Content & Social Media Manager to add to our Sparkle Team as an independent contractor for 20 hours per month to start. We're in need of an Instagram Rockstar and Pinterest Darling to really rock out Hibiscus Moon's presence on those two platforms; pumping up engagement, growing our list of raving fans and new followers in all the latest and greatest ways. We're not interested in Facebook at this time.
You'll be responsible for creating and distributing grammatically sound, mouth-watering delicious public-facing on-brand social media content that leads to Hibiscus' blog content including but not limited to newsletter preparation, social media (focusing on Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest), analyzing associated metrics and content distribution with the goal of attracting new subscribers to our newsletter.
The perfect candidate will be responsible, professional and fun with our students and audience.
Specifically, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Sending videos for transcription and editing
- Creating blog posts based on video transcripts
- Optimizing blog posts with graphics and content upgrades (freebie opt-ins when appropriate)
- Proofreading all content
- Create open-worthy, attention-grabbing headlines and subject lines to get content opened or clicked on
- Repurposing content in creative ways; i.e. chopping up video content to repurpose on IG, etc.
- Commenting/community engagement on social media channels
- Optimizing content for YouTube and growing audience there
- Creating new creative shareable content and monitoring, growing and engaging our Instagram and Pinterest audience using all the latest up-to-the-minute social media techniques, latest trends, and best practices for those two platforms
- Prepping bi-weekly newsletters
- Creating and scheduling eye-catching, trendy, on-brand, share-worthy social media images in Canva, preparing the text to go with them (including hashtags) on Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest
- Maintaining content calendar in Trello
- Help develop, monitor and report on content and social media marketing metrics, analytics, and KPIs (key performance indicators), spot trends, always with the goal of improving numbers
- Ability to adapt and keep up with changes, staying up-to-date on what's working best, trends, best practices on IG and Pinterest and developing, tweaking our social media content sharing accordingly; pick up necessary skills (e.g. graphic design, video making, new social media platform, etc.) to keep up with latest trends and create new strategies based on metrics and trends
- Be savvy and understand which metrics are most relevant and crucial to the business and how social media can improve those metrics
- Create and maintain all job-related company SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
Results (Expected Accomplishments)
- Creating blog posts that result in comments from readers and new opt-ins from content upgrades
- Creating social media that results in a high level of consistent engagement (comments, shares, likes)
- Consistent audience growth on all channels.
- Consistent content through all channels
- Ability to identify trends and adjust strategy based on metrics and KPI’s.
- Consistently able to adapt to new trends and technology
- Create, edit, and manage content that is consistent with Hibiscus Moon’s voice, brand, style, and tone
- Ensuring readability of content by identifying and correcting mistakes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling, proper links working, etc.
- Identifying successful content and mapping out new ways to repurpose the content
- Optimizing content for SEO
- Monitoring metrics/KPIs, delivering regular reports and suggestions on how to improve content distribution and social media efforts
Requirements (Expected Proficiencies)
- Trello (or similar)
- Easy video editing for cutting out short excerpts for IG, adding quick eye-catching headlines, etc.
- Teamwork PM (or similar)
- Ontraport (or similar)
- MeetEdgar (or similar)
- Google Docs
- Yoast SEO (or similar)
- Experience with successful management and execution of a content marketing strategy
- Proven experience using social media channels (YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram) to distribute and amplify content and drive website traffic
- Up-to-date understanding of social media; always in a state of learning latest and greatest
- Copywriting and graphic design skills
- Ability to troubleshoot related tech errors
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the contractor as needed.
To apply: Please fill out the application here: https://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/now-hiring-content-manager/