Highwire Press — Company based in Brighton, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Developer
You will work within a small, fun, and passionate team developing an award winning data visualization application for the web. The application includes a data pipeline for collecting data from various data sources and a rich set of reports using Tableau. You will be required to develop new products, major and minor enhancements to existing applications, and conduct application maintenance.
You will be tasked with work on challenging problems across the entire application stack: user experience, software design, performance at scale.
We use a modern stack and a variety of technologies including Python, AWS, Django, Cassandra, and Tableau.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years commercial experience of using Python
- Basic Knowledge of SQL
- Basic Knowledge of Non-SQL database systems such as Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Has used version control systems such as Git, Subversion or similar
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent software development skills including: Requirements analysis, Software Design,
- Excellent OO design skills and strong knowledge of design patterns, Unit and integration testing and Maintenance
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with Python Celery distributed task framework
- Knowledge of Tableau Server and/or Desktop
- Knowledge of AWS, Linux/Unix and Docker environments
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment
About the Company
HighWire - Connecting the best minds to the most people.
With technology and expertise always advancing in perfect poise, HighWire is the principal digital partner for the global publishing community.
In simpler terms, we are a SaaS software company, headquartered in the Silicon Valley with office in Belfast and Brighton, UK that develops and hosts websites that allows for scholarly publishers to share their journals, books or multimedia online.
Initially a part of Stanford University, now owned by private equity, we've been around for 22 years, however we operate with the enthusiasm and drive of small global start up. If you are a self-starter who wants to work hard, learn new things and be surrounded by pleasant people, HighWire could be the place for you!
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.