Impala — Company based in London, UK
You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features. We've had more interest than we ever anticipated we're hiring early to maintain and expand the quality of Impala.
- Takes ownership of features.
- Wants to create great APIs for other developers to work with.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
We are accepting fully remote applicants as well as London based (or relocatable) applicants.
Remote employees are required to come to London on a monthly basis. As such, only remote applicants from Western Europe will be considered.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company. How much will depend on experience.
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
The recruitment process:Make an application with us. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours. Complete a 20 minutes initial interview with our Ops Director. This interview is non techical in nature. Complete an 80 minute technical interview/pair programming session with our Lead Engineer. Have a final chat with our co-founders.
This process takes place over one week.
What we need to see:
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience in Node
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres preferable)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
What we'd love to see:
- Experience with Redux or significant experience with ReactJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with an ORM