Senior Java Developer
Integrated Data Services — Company based in IDS
Senior Java Developer
Los Angeles, CA; Washington D.C.; Rochester, NY; Dayton, OH
Integrated Data Services, Inc. (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices supporting customers nationwide. By providing customers with fast, efficient and reliable information systems and support services, IDS has become a preferred provider of financial and programmatic systems, services, and solutions across a wide variety of Government agencies.
IDS is seeking a Senior Java Developer with an expert understanding of the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) specifications, expertise with the Spring MVC framework and expertise with Web Services and REST APIs. You will be responsible for the architecture and development of Java EE and Spring applications, which will provide data and business logic support for HTML5 SPAs and external APIs. We’re looking for somebody who is a confident problem solver and communicator, who proactively challenges traditional solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Java EE application full life cycle development including specifying, building and deploying on application servers and Web Services applications.
- Develop high quality software for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Contribute in the architecture and implementation of changes across our product base.
- Develop detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements.
- Collaborate heavily with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems.
- Create and improve existing reusable components.
- Optimize web application middle-tier to maximize speed and scale.
- Set and follow coding standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience developing web applications using Java EE and Spring.
- 7+ years of experience with WebLogic, JBoss or WebSphere.
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle and PL/SQL.
- 1+ years experience with Single Page Applications (SPA) utilizing AngularJS, React, or Node.js.
- Must be fluent in middle-tier technologies including, but not limited to Servlet, JSP, JPA, XML, XSLT, XPATH, XSD, SOAP, Web Services, REST, JSON, ANT and PKI.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins and Hudson) and source control systems (Subversion, Git).
- Good understanding of the current state of modern web development.
- Disciplined approach to testing, automated testing (JUnit), and quality assurance.
Education and Work Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, information technology, computer science, or other related disciplines. Equivalent work experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Some travel may be required.
Normal work schedule will be 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines or to fulfill travel obligations.
Commensurate with experience.
Company offers full-benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K plans. EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran. A submission of a resume is an expression of interest and not considered an application.
For more information, visit www.get-integrated.com. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference code: IDS-WD-VL.
Please note: All candidates for this position will be required to complete a skills based test to demonstrate expertise in the following areas: 1) a programmer’s ability to write a recursive function; 2) a programmer’s ability to handle boundary conditions; and 3) a programmer’s ability to come up with a performant solution. The test should take between 2-4 hours.
**U.S. citizenship and/or green card is required; H1-B visas and other visas are not being sponsored. Relocation expenses are NOT compensated. All jobs are employer paid; no fees to candidates. Third parties or agencies inquiries are not being accepted.**