Technical Product Manager
InVision — Company based in New York, NY
InVision is the world’s leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why more than three million designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world’s most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
Our Studio Engine team specializes in building the high-performance rendering and layout engine that powers our professional-grade products for designers and developers. This core technology component is used across our products, including Studio – the world’s best screen design and prototyping tool. Candidates should have a passion for solving deep technical problems, driving world-class performance, a strong background in graphics, and an understanding of modern development technologies.
- THINK IN SYSTEMS: You know that everything you create plays a part in the larger system of an organization and the world. You take that responsibility seriously and think holistically when implementing solutions.
- EMPATHY DRIVEN: You build products for your users, both the end-users and the internal teams who use your technology. You believe that feeling their pain is the first step in easing it. You’re comfortable engaging with users, conducting user research, and use your findings to inform your work.
- BIAS TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don’t sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOW THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering – you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- NATURAL LEADER: You know how to earn the trust of the people you work with, inspire and motivate a diverse team to achieve a clear goal, and drive results.
- PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- ADVOCATE: You are a passionate advocate for us both internally and externally. You actively recruit top-notch designers, engineers, and other product-minded people. You have made many excellent connections in the industry and you want to bring them with you wherever possible.
- 3+ years as a Product Manager or similar role.
- Highly proficient with building a technology platform, especially graphics engines (e.g., Unreal Engine, PixiJS, etc.)
- Familiarity with WebGL and related technologies (e.g., Electron)
- A proven track record of working with designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things.
- A background in design is a plus
- Manage the roadmap, refine feature ideas and maintain existing features to drive business goals.
- Produce high-level product requirements, iterate with your design and engineering teams.
- Set goals and drive constant progress against them.
- Engage stakeholders in leadership, research, data, and support.
- Coordinate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment.
- Mine for risks and opportunities via data analysis, customer research, market analysis, etc.
- Report status to various stakeholders.
- Coordinate Go-To-Market Strategies for smooth, measured releases.
- Invest in team growth and morale to build not just a product, but a team.
- Adjust role specializations, process definitions, and other factors to improve scope control, quality, and velocity.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.