Software Engineering Manager, Studio
InVisionApp — Company based in NYC
InVision is the world's leading product design platform, powering the future of digital product design through our deep understanding of the dynamics of collaboration. We provide two million people with the power to prototype, review, refine, manage and user test web and mobile products. InVision drives the product design process at leading Fortune 100 companies, including at Disney, IBM, Walmart, Apple, Verizon and General Motors. Backed by Accel, ICONIQ Capital, FirstMark Capital, Tiger Global and others. InVision is a distributed team with over 450 employees around the world.
You are someone who loves building high performing teams. You believe that the foundations of a really good team are a clear vision, engaged and talented engineers, just enough process, fast and effective decision-making, and excellent communication. You’re never satisfied and are always looking for ways to make things better and to deliver faster with higher reliability. You care deeply about the work that you do and the people who are doing it. You practice the leader-leader model. Ok, so it’s pretty clear that you’re awesome.
And awesome people like to work on awesome stuff, right?
There are a number of reasons you really want to be an Engineering Manager on this team. You will have the opportunity to work with a super talented, engaged engineers who love what they do. You will work with an experienced leadership team that has successfully grown and mentored managers. You’ll be part of a peer group that is supportive and always learning.
- Be accountable for your team’s delivery and execution on projects and operation of services.
- Lead and grow the engineers on your team through coaching and mentoring, regular reviews, and one-on-ones.
- Manage projects through effective planning, communication of status, and coordination of activities within your team and across teams.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Experienced in delivering complex projects quickly and with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Process-oriented but hates bureaucracy. Experienced with Agile and/or Lean.
- Good at getting things done with minimal oversight while maintaining good information flow.
- Experienced hiring good engineers who add to the strengths of the team.
- Balances good strategic vision with tactical execution.
If this sounds like you, please let us know in a cover letter why you think this is a perfect fit for you.Benefits:
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.