Experienced Software Engineer
Loco2 — Company based in London
Headquarters: London, UK
- We have high codings standards, and follow best practices such as continuous testing and delivery
- We’re not afraid to change and learn in a supportive environment as the wider tech ecosystem evolves
- We offer flexible hours and encourage working when you’re most productive
- We have a well-designed remote working culture, using tools like Slack, Trello, GitHub and Basecamp to communicate
- We have a small team so your voice will be heard
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and don’t think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way to grow a company that’s built to last
- A Ruby library for communicating with train booking APIs
- A traditional multi-page web application written in Ruby on Rails, using CoffeeScript and SCSS
- AWS hosted Docker infrastructure, with continuous delivery
- A hybrid iOS app written in Swift
- A hybrid Android app written in Kotlin
- Has 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Is fluent in English and confident communicating complex technical information
- Is motivated by the technical challenges described above
- Thinks independently and critically, striving to discover the root causes of problems rather than treating the symptoms
- Actively considers future maintainability when deciding how to implement something
- Learns quickly and independently, but doesn't hesitate to ask for help when needed
- Can work hours that have at least some overlap with London daytime
- Is motivated by Loco2's mission
- What are some of the most challenging/interesting programming tasks you have worked on?
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- What country and timezone do you live in?
- What are your approximate salary expectations? (please state currency)
To apply: Please email your application to email@example.com addressing the specific points listed above. We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation. Please note that we do not respond to approaches from recruitment agencies, and emails will be marked as spam.