Full-Stack Web/Mobile Software Developer
Logapps LLC — Company based in Falls Church, VA
Location: Remote or Falls Church, Virginia
Classification: Contract Position
Logapps LLC is a small consulting firm located in Falls Church, Virginia, that provides IT industry research, systems analysis and strategic advisory services to government and commercial customers. Since 2007, Logapps has brought passion and creativity to research and evidence-based analysis for a variety of customers: IRS, US Courts, NOAA, US Navy, DHS, Parliamentary Budget Office of Canada, STG, Inc., National Science Foundation (NSF), CACI Inc.
Logapps began developing a proof of concept for a function point automation tool in 2016 and deployed Version 0 in August 2017. The tool utilizes natural language processing (NLP) to inspect a set of requirements for weaknesses and to provide various analyses of the set, including:
- Requirements Analysis & Verification
- Software Sizing (automated function point count)
- Cost Estimation
- Schedule Estimation
- Requirements “Budgeting”
Logapps is looking to enhance the tool’s user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility and effectiveness of product.
Logapps seeks software developers with expertise in full-stack development, scripting programming languages, relational database development, user experience, and human factor engineering to upgrade the entire application. We need your help to streamline the product, iterate on features, and improve the customer experience. It is a small team with a big goal. If you are passionate about software development – read on!
Under the general supervision of the Product Manager, Software Developer shall perform a variety of tasks such as:
- Build on existing codebase to implement new features, fix bugs, and evolve the product
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications
- Collaborate with other developers via code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related quantitative field
- 5+ years’ experience working on production-quality software in a team environment
- 3+ years’ experience working on production-quality Python apps
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby and shell scripts
- Experience with front-end web development technologies
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java a plus
- Great team player skills as well as a strong ability to work independently. Working closely with clients and end users is crucial.
Desired, But Not Required:
- Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining, artificial intelligence, filesystems, server architectures and distributed systems
- Fluent understanding of Agile/Scrum roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Stay current with latest development best practices -- able to share industry insights with the team and provide input on process and/or architectural decisions
Applicants who meet the specialized experience requirements will be assessed on each of the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation.