Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Manifold — Company based in Halifax, NS, Canada
We’re searching for a seasoned storyteller. You turn complex concepts into creative, compelling prose. You inspire people to change the way they think, act and work with the right story, at the right moment and medium, whether that’s a blog post, landing page, or live on Twitch.
We’re searching for a semi-retired developer. You have a deep understanding of development workflows and trends because you’ve served your time in an IDE. Occasionally you’ll dust-off your editor for a side-project or to experiment with a hip new library, framework, or service, but your calling is copy, not code.
We’re searching for a quant that cares. Your genuine desire to listen to and observe the developers that build cloud services and the ones that use them combined with your natural tendency to research and analyze the aggregate mean you’re tuned in (and can broadcast) on every frequency.
What you'll do
- Invent product marketing at Manifold
- Define messaging, positioning, and (launch) strategy
- Establish a drum-beat of product and feature launches
- Drive, measure and manage product and feature adoption
- Work with product to conduct and distribute a market analysis
- Create and distribute thought leadership content
- Support and enable the execution of marketing campaigns
What you'll need
- 4-10+ years experience in product marketing in developer services, a high tech company, or similar.
- Familiarity with at least one programming language
- Extensive experience creating compelling content
- Experience conducting market research and developing user personas
- Experience designing and managing cross-functional projects and programs
- MBA or related
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience speaking to large technical audiences
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and the command-line
We're looking for
- Content Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Technical Writing
A little bit about us At Manifold, we help developers discover and use innovative tools and technologies; so you can focus on building, not managing, your applications. Each new cloud service we use today introduces complexity in the form of another bill, account to manage, credential to secure, and code to deploy.
Manifold allows you to build and offer cloud services to developers without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution (An example of one such service: JawsDB).
We're a small, remote-friendly venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada with teams in Toronto and San Francisco. With a shared passion for making developers lives easier and our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at the likes of Red Hat, Heroku, and Salesforce.
Are you interested? We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We don't actually need you to be in North America, as the job summary specifies, but we do prefer candidates who are roughly within 4 hours of the US Eastern Time Zone.
We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as a professional development allowance.