Senior UI/UX Designer
MapLarge — Company based in Atlanta, GA
Senior UI/UX Designer
We are looking for a sophisticated UI/UX designer with a technical background who is comfortable working with interactive data driven UI elements that can be reconfigured like lego bricks to create amazing user experiences.
Comfortable with Data Driven UI: At MapLarge we deliver user experiences with hundreds of dynamic reusable data driven components that often automatically re-assemble themselves into different configurations automatically based on user context, events and data queries. Our user interfaces come with clever, opinionated defaults that make common workflows easy, but area also reconfigurable either by end users or developers deep suite of API options.
Comfortable with Multifaceted Problems: A successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with engineers and product managers about design and user experience issues that need to be solved in a way that generalizes across many different product configurations.
Skills: UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Who We Need
Cultural Fit - While we hire all kinds of people and invent roles to fit them, there are key traits we require of every team member that really define our team.Fun to Work With - Life is short and work should be fun. Extremely Smart - We work on cutting edge hard problems and we need people who can both architect and code these systems at the same time while working with a highly intelligent peer group. Passionate Builders - We need people who really love building amazing products and exhibit the energy and creativity that comes from being fully engaged in what you do. Experienced with Software Development - We need a experienced person with a successful history in software development using tools like JIRA who can hit the ground running.
- US Person based anywhere in the US (100% remote allowed but no off shore)
- 5+ years of Professional experience in similar roles
- Highly Comfortable using and testing web browser based user interfaces
- Experienced interacting with both technical and non technical teams
What we value most in terms of experience for this role is seeing that candidates have done a similar role before at a well run company. In other words that they have worked somewhere with a good process and have been trained to do their day to day tasks well. Great candidates should not only will be easy to train, but they should also be able to contribute good ideas for improving our processes based on practical experience.
Full time: We are seeking a full time person for this role.
Remote Working: This role will allow working from home 100% of the time anywhere in the US (no offshore applicants please). The ability to occasionally meet onsite at our offices in Atlanta, GA or Washington DC or occasionally attend conferences is desirable but not required.