Content Marketing Strategist
Modern Tribe — Company based in Remote
via We Work Remotely
Modern Tribe is looking for an experienced content marketing strategist ready to flex their experienced, integrated content marketing know-how in a pivotal marketing role in our fully remote team environment. If lifecycle content marketing strategy and creative, audience-focused content development is your jam, let’s talk.
You’ll know this is the right role for you if you thrive on using a “whole-brained” approach to content marketing. (You know, the one that seeks to balance consideration of the “where, how, and why” with the creative direction and quality of the content itself.)
(Worth noting: We’re looking for someone who will enjoy rolling up sleeves to work on said content as well, so solid creative ideation and copywriting chops = bonus points.)
This gig is focused on content marketing: strategic leadership, organization, and management within our cross-functional teams. Also, we’re a WordPress-forward agency so you should have run some projects with the platform or be somewhat familiar with the ecosystem.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop the practice of content marketing at Modern Tribe. Working alongside our marketing team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing comprehensive, 30k-foot content marketing strategies for Modern Tribe’s products
- Content engineering and choreography across multiple products/business units
- Editorial process continuous improvement
- Editorial calendar creation/management
- Creative, audience-focused content positioning, development, and execution
- Closed-loop, content-focused analytics programs
- Audience targeting and segmentation strategies
- Continued learning: staying on top of all things relevant, possible, and potentially beneficial in the content marketing and content strategy spaces
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Min 5-7 years marketing experience with a focus on content marketing and a demonstrated track record of growth in career path
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a strategic role
- Super boss copywriter/copy editor
- Creative (with an eye for good design)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of the various digital and traditional marketing channels and how they interact with one another
- Experience with inbound workflow mapping and lead magnets
- Content engineering and choreography
- Creative content development
- Social media (organic/paid/both)
- Content development meets SEO
- Audience-forward mentality, ability to understand/empathize with audience
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Marketing technology, marketing automation tools, etc.
- Mind-blowing organizational skills
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Events marketing experience (hosting/marketing events)
- WordPress experience
- Experience marketing to international digital software users
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
This is a freelance, contract role. Pay range is between $45 – $50 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 25-30 hours a week for this gig.
We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us and we have a benefits package for full time employees.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trip.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY - Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL - Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS - It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE - Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.