Senior PHP Web Application Developer
Practis Inc. — Company based in Charlotte, NC
The ideal candidate for this job will have a minimum of 4 years experience building secure, large scale, high-traffic web applications using CodeIgniter or a similar web application framework.
Types of projects you can expect to work on:
- Practis Forms - A secure, HIPAA compliant online form and quiz application.
- Encounter Health - A content syndication system that allows healthcare providers to subscribe to content regarding conditions, procedures, and products from a number of medical device and healthcare companies.
This position is an integral part of a team working to develop, test, deploy, and support high profile proprietary SaaS applications for the healthcare industry.
- Maintain, enhance and support existing web applications, server environment and services.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle including maintenance and new projects.
- Interact daily with systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with HIPAA requirements a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience, including good working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and programming models.
- 4+ years experience with CodeIgniter or similar PHP framework.
- 4+ years of LAMP (RHEL Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB and PHP) web application development experience building large scale, high-traffic web applications.
- Experience in RHEL Linux environment configuration for secure web application development.
- Experience developing for regulated and privacy focused industries and handling sensitive data.
- Experience with Git Version Control.
- Experience in design, implementation, and testing for software reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Enthusiasm, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and best practices.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation for software management.