Field Application Engineer / Consultant for IoT Tech Company (m/f)
PROEMION — Company based in Fulda, Deutschland
We give our customers the technology they need to globally transmit and analyze CAN-based telemetry data of mobile industrial machinery and therefore boost their efficiency.
We are at the forefront of the IoT/Telematics revolution and are looking for an enthusiastic Field Application Engineer / Consultant for our Embedded Systems and/or Cloud Web Services. We offer the position on-site in Fulda, Germany (relocation support offered) or as a full-time remote position at the earliest possible date.
You will be working closely with our sales and engineering teams to map customer business and to adapt our connectivity solution to fully integrate it into our customers’ value chain. Required is a combination of strong software (and hardware technical skills) plus excellent communication skills. Strong debug skills are essential as is the ability to time manage and service multiple large customers concurrently.
Skills & Requirements
- You act as a bridge between our internal engineering teams and our customers to develop technical solutions based on our products and services
- You ensure the on-site technical integration of our telematics solutions at the customer to enable solution integration and issue resolution
- You discuss new product definitions with the customer such as the implementation of custom protocols or the integration of web applications via our APIs
- You are able to build and demonstrate proof-of-concepts that meets or exceeds customer business needs
- You create the necessary technical documentation to support the customer
- You consult our customers on best practices during the roll-out of our connectivity solution
Your Skills and Personality
- Bachelors' or Masters' degree in engineering discipline; computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years' related consultancy experience in a technical environment
- Highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction
- Technical knowledge of Telematics/IoT/Global Connectivity applications and market, with a proven experience in such system development
- Familiarity with CAN bus systems and microcontroller based devices and/or big data technologies and web Services
- You are willing to travel and show a great business sense
- Excellent team member with great communication and interpersonal skills and ability to progress in autonomy
- You are able to work effectively in a high pressure environment