Scribendi Inc. — Company based in Chatham, Ontario, Canada
via Remotely Awesome Jobs
Scribendi is a pioneering internet-based language company that offers document revision services. Our primary goal is to provide clients with fast, reliable, and affordable language services.
As one of our talented freelance editors you will have the ability to work from home while choosing the types of assignments that interest you. You can interact with both in-house and other freelance staff through email, online forums and company newsletters and memos, and you will receive free training and incentives that can be redeemed at online retailers.
You will not have any of the hassle of bidding or pitching to clients, but you’ll have job security and be paid promptly.
• A university degree in a relevant field
• At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
• Excellent reading comprehension skills, and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
• Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
• An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000-1,500 words per hour
• Microsoft Word 2010 on a secure PC (not Mac)
• Broadband/high-speed Internet access
• A graduate degree
• Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Star/Open Office, Word Perfect, Final Draft, LaTeX, Acrobat, iWorks, Publisher, PageMaker, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA, etc.)
How to apply
Please complete our online application on our website here: https://www.scribendi.com/jobs.en.html#freelance