Full Stack .NET Developer
TrackAbout — Company based in Moon, PA
100% remote - work from home anywhere in the United States.
Our entire development staff is remote.
We are only considering applicants who have permission to work in the United States without requiring a visa sponsorship.
About the Position
We are seeking exceptional junior- and mid-level developers who are truly passionate about technology and the craft of software development. You’ll be joining a top-notch team of devs who are enthusiastic about sharing what they know. We need great people who are interested in playing pivotal roles in the continued growth of a small company.
In this role, you will be a hero to both the Support and Development teams. The Support Team works day-to-day with our customers. They will come to you with technical problems they can’t solve without your help. Your job will be to build automation and tooling to make the Support Team as effective as possible.
You may be building Slack commands that call Azure Functions. You may be extending our REST API, or building new or extending existing web tools that allow Support and end customers to solve their own problems.
- Receive a brand-new, powerful laptop or workstation w/SSD and dual-monitor setup.
- Work closely with the support team to triage and prioritize issues
- Build tools to help automate routine tasks that are slowing people down
- Fix problems or escalate to other members of the development team as needed
- Research anomalies in customer data
- Write SQL to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Assist customers with integrations between their systems and ours
- Understand the source code and be able to explain features in clear terms to the support team and customers.
- Help the support team work more efficiently
- Document standard processes and, like everyone here, leave the documentation better than you found it.
Every developer is expected to be able to pick up any part of the stack. There are no silos of tech skills here. You'll be working on all aspects of the TrackAbout offering including our ASP.NET website and REST API, Azure components, SQL Server, and developing for various mobile devices.
All members of our development team are passionate about keeping up with the latest technologies, practices, patterns and tools related to software development. We take time out to share our knowledge with one another and improve both our skills and our distributed development environment. We often experiment with and integrate new tools into our environment.
Stuff we use: Azure (PaaS and IaaS), C#/.NET 4.7, jQuery, Bootstrap, SignalR, Xamarin for iOS and Android, ServiceStack, ReSharper, GitHub, Jenkins CI, Trello, Slack, Chef, MediaWiki, RhinoMocks, SpecEasy, Ninject, NHibernate.
Skills & Requirements
Required Technical Skills
- Building web-based applications and web services
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- C# (ASP.NET WebForms and MVC)
- MS SQL programming (sprocs, udfs, triggers, indexes, constraints, etc.)
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git
- Understanding of design patterns and patterns of enterprise architecture
- Mobile device development
- Experience with UI test automation frameworks
- Internationalization (I18N) and Localization (L10N) experience
- Experience in Agile environments like Scrum and Lean
Since this is a 100% remote position, you'll be expected to be able to work independently and unsupervised, but with clear goals and direction. We are quality- and results-oriented and we don't micromanage.
We look for the following:
- Solid interpersonal, organizational and task-management skills
- Insatiable curiosity, a love of learning and a desire to continuously improve
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Tolerance of overuse of bullet lists