Web Development SWAT Team Instructor
Trilogy Education Services — Company based in New York, NY
At Trilogy Education Services, we partner with universities to create innovative programs to train new audiences for careers in the digital economy. We have launched hundreds of classes in web development, and we also offer classes in data visualization and UX/UI.
We have hired a multitude of practitioners as Instructors and Teaching Assistants to support our students. In other words, we prefer to find individuals working in the field over those with years of teaching experience.
We have over a thousand Instructional Staff members to hire this year, and they will all maintain their full-time jobs while changing lives in the classroom. Unfortunately, emergencies arise at times when we have that many active Instructors, and we need to be prepared with contingency plans to ensure that we never skip a beat in the classroom. The show must go on!
We have a team of "On Deck" Instructors ready and willing to travel to various markets for brief periods of time, and we're looking to grow this team of talented people. If you love mentoring others and want to travel around the country (or world) to teach at various universities, this opportunity might be for you!
We'll provide the guidance, training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of web development experience (recommended)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Flexibility to travel
- Willing to be blindfolded and put on a random plane to some badass university
Tech Skills -Web Development Class
Tech Skills - Data Visualization Class
- Python Pandas
- Beautiful Soup
- D3, Leaflet
- SQL, noSQL
- Machine Learning, Hadoop
Tech Skills - UX/UI Class
- Sketch, Photoshop & Illustrator
- User-Centric Design Research experience
- UI Development experience
What You Will Do:
- Be "on call" to travel to various universities as an Instructor
- Follow detailed lesson plans that allow our Instructors to lead successful classes without teaching experience (you won't "lecture" for longer than 15 minutes at a time).
- Support students individually as they go through an emotional roller coaster
- Infuse empathy, support, and encouragement into all educational materials you create