E-Commerce Web Developer
Venia Companies — Company based in California, sacramento, United States
We need an E-Commerce Web Developer with experience in Magento 2 Open Source. Our goal is for our e-commerce sites to be on Magento 2 within the next 6 months. Right now, we have a team of overseas developers heading this up. Your role will be to guide their operations and to be a local, in-house resource. Additionally, you will work with other in-house departments such as Product Management, Customer Service, and Order Processing to ensure our e-commerce sites are meeting each department’s unique needs for daily operations.
**Skills and Qualifications**
The job requires someone well-versed in Magento 2 and with the leadership skills to manage a team of remote developers, designers, etc. The applicant should be well-organized with project management experience. Also, the applicant should possess the following strengths:
1. The ability to pivot in the event of sudden changes in plans
2. The mental stamina to troubleshoot problems for which there may be no documentation in online communities, etc.
3. The ability to communicate with a variety of personnel including overseas developers and in-house personnel
_We need you to have:_
* Extensive programming knowledge of Magento 1 and 2
* Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices and an understanding that good SEO is the foundation of any successful e-commerce website
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience,
* Or 7+ years of industry experience without a degree
* Demonstrable experience in agile environments and scrum methodology
* Experience working in B2C/B2B e-commerce focused environments
* Strong technical abilities within application development, configuration, implementation, and support
* Experience in both frontend and backend development
* Server maintenance and administration (we currently use Digital Ocean)
_We would like you to have:_
* Experience with applications involved in the support of e-commerce, including Shipping, Sales, Pricing, Customer Service/Support, Product Catalog Management, Content Management, and Digital Marketing
* Experience with project management and leading a team
**About our company culture**
As a bootstrap company that launched in 2008, Venia Companies has created a strong family culture within the business. In the past year, our local sales and support team in Sacramento, CA, has grown from two in-house reps to eight and will continue to grow. As a vital part of that family unit, we want you to feel included and respected.
We facilitate a strong team culture in which each person works to impact every area of the business. Our emphasis on team culture fosters a supportive environment. While our customers are our top priority, we also want to create a place where our team members can grow in experience, education, and relationships, as well as find opportunities for advancement within the company.