Front End Web Developer
We Are Mammoth
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anywhere, USA
We Are Mammoth is seeking a contract-to-hire front-end web developer to work with our remote team to build and support a suite of financial decision making tools. You can live and work where you're happiest, but you need to have a US work permit to join the team. This position is available to begin immediately.
We expect you to be good at the technical stuff but your most critical skill is communication. Since our team is remote, we communicate through Slack, Basecamp, and video chats throughout the day. You must be able to express your ideas and needs clearly to both team and clients.
Finally, you'll be working in a deadline-based environment and you need to be a fantastic self-manager. While we have room to mentor and train, we are not micromanagers. We expect our engineers to be self-reliant, organized, and able to bring projects to closure.
As a front-end web developer, here are some things you might do in a typical week:
- Provide estimates and technical recommendations for new projects to our project manager and senior engineers.
- Modify the markup and styles of an existing project to fit a new feature required by a client.
- Work with Photoshop or Sketch files from our design team to build new layouts.
- Implement a new piece of interactivity using jQuery.
- Work with a back-end developer to integrate your HTML page templates into their C# and ASP.NET MVC web applications. If you have experience integrating your code with other server-side templating tools, that is very useful.
- Check in your code to a versioning system like Subversion or Git.
- Test a website in various browsers and mobile devices. Then make style adjustments for cross-browser compatibility.
- Communicate directly with a client in Basecamp to answer a question or give a status update.
- Build an HTML email template for use in Campaign Monitor.
- Work with a Technical Project Manager to create a time estimate for a new feature of an existing project or for a totally new project.
Your technical skills need to include:
- Experience with dynamic CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS
- Experience working with Gulp and Webpack
- You are comfortable building templates that will be integrated with server-side code
- Document and organize your code so future developers can update it
- Experience working with the Bootstrap framework
- Familiarity working in an integrated development environment (IDE) like Visual Studio
- Experience using Litmus to verify that your email templates look as good as possible in different email clients
- Experience using Browserstack or another multi browser testing platform to ensure designs are responsive
- Experience in Vue and Backbone is a plus
Benefits and such
We Are Mammoth is a closely-knit, remote team software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff based throughout the United States.
Every full time employee has access to our medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs, and an employer-matched retirement plan with company matching up to 3%.
Everyone starts with 15 days of paid vacation. Each year, you'll get 5 more until you have 25 paid vacation days.
All new team members at We Are Mammoth are paired with a mentor who provides advice, guidance, and support.
This is a contract-to-hire, remote, front-end web developer position. Your initial contract will be 3 months (at a monthly rate of pay agreed upon prior to work start), and subsequent full-time employment is at the discretion of both We Are Mammoth and yourself.