Zego — Company based in Kansas City, MO
Zego is seeking a talented and experienced back-end developer to join our downtown Kansas City team. We are a dynamic, VC-backed startup that is looking for people who are excited about home automation and changing the way residents interact with their apartments.
Zego is a SaaS platform for property managers and owners that integrates with existing smart home devices to create 'smart' apartments and properties. We provide residents with an amazing smart home experience, allowing them to control multiple devices from our mobile app, while also providing property managers a tool to help better manage and operate their properties.
You can check out our website to get an overview of what features we currently support as well as a better overall idea of what we are all about.
What We Are Looking For
Ideally, you are a wizard in all things back-end. You will use you masterful knowledge of Elixir and Phoenix web applications as well as related build and development tools to help improve our web client and end-user mobile application. You also love to dive deep into stack-traces, debug systems with complex states, and setup/manage applications and their dependencies across various development environments.
- You are able to setup and maintain a development environment yourself, as well as maintain existing systems.
- Ability to spec, build, test, and assist in deployment of all committed code.
- Work within current Agile team structure and project management framework.
- Build, maintain, and support our Elixir-based API and back-end services.
- Work in an agile environment with other developers and our UX/Design team to design, prototype, and build new applications and features.
- Partner with our platform engineering team to design and plan how client applications will consume data from our core platform APIs.
- Write well-tested, highly-supportable, performant code.
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang.
- Experience working with relational and time-series databases (InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Experience with Phoenix web apps is major plus, as well as any experience with React Native, Redux, or other React-related libraries.
- Proficiency with REST APIs, oAuth2.